God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Friday, April 04, 2008

The Lord, my Rock

Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

B E careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path.--He knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.--Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.--Thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat.

Who is a rock save our God?--They shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.--Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.--Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil.

PSA. 61. 2. Phi. 4. 6, 7. Ps. 142. 3.--
Job 23. 10.--Ps. 90. 1.--Is. 25. 4.
Ps. 18. 31.--John. 10. 28.--Ps. 119. 116.--
He. 6. 19.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Ann said...

"Hear my cry, O God.
Attend unto my prayer.
From the ends of the earth
Will I cry.

When my heart is overwhelmed
Lead me to the Rock
That is higher than I,
That is higher than I.

For Thou hast been a shelter for me
And a strong tower,
A strong tower
From the enemy.

When I cry unto God
Then shall my enemy turn back.
This I know,
For God is for me."

This is a setting of the Psalm that I learned when I was taking voice as a jr. high student. It has stuck with me all these years and is such a comfort.
Thank you for bringing the Scriptures.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this, Leigh Ann. I lived in the Psalms two years ago when our son spent two months in the hospital back in Iowa. The Lord used that experience to show me literally what a Rock He was, the strong tower that I could run to. When my heart was overwhelmed He heard my cry and attended unto my prayer.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home