God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

"Lord, glorify yourself..."

"Lord, glorify yourself through me and in the place You've set me. Let me not covet another's place or work or glory." - Elisabeth Elliot

"Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given us, let us use them." Romans 12:6

3 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Ann said...

Hope you and your family are doing well. Is Kalen's leg healing up?

7:54 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

Thanks, Leigh Ann, for your concern. Kalen's leg is doing well, although he still must use the wheelchair for school or longer distances. However, Monday morning, he reached up to open his door, and the stretching and turning in the process snapped his arm. It was a bad break clear through the bone - I still can't quite believe it.

The Lord continues to do His work in His way, and though we can't understand it, we can receive it knowing that He doeth all things well. There has been a huge difference in Kalen's attitude since he has the Lord to lean on this time, but, of course, it's a pretty bitter pill to swallow.

I have been wanting to comment on your blog recently (have these ideas swimming around in my head!) but haven't made it yet. I appreciate your thinking in these areas.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Leigh Ann said...

Oh, what a disappointment for Kalen and you all. I am glad that he is leaning hard on the Lord, but I can imagine that this is very discouraging. I will be praying for quick healing.

Your thoughts are welcome any time.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home