God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Things that are pleasing to God

Things that are pleasing in his sight.

W ITHOUT faith it is impossible to please him.--So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.--The LORD taketh pleasure in his people.

This is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.--If, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.--The ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, . . . is in the sight of God of great price.

Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.--I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs.

I beseech you, . . . brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.




1 JOHN 3. 22. He. 11. 6.--Ro. 8. 8.--
Ps. 149. 4. 1 Pe. 2. 19, 20.--1 Pe. 3. 4.
Ps. 50. 23.--Ps. 69. 30, 31. Ro. 12. 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home