God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Thy way, O Lord

When we can trust all things to the Lord we will be able to sing:

"Thy way, not mine, O Lord,
However dark it be;
O lead me by Thine own right hand,
Choose out the path for me.

"Smooth let it be or rough,
It will be still the best;
Winding or straight, it matters not,
It leads me to Thy rest.

"I dare not choose my lot,
I would not if I might;
But choose Thou for me, O my God,
So shall I walk aright.

"Take Thou my cup, and it
With joy or sorrow fill;
As ever best to Thee may seem,
Choose Thou my good and ill."

1 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Ann said...

Thank you for that poem. I sang a setting of it in college when I was going through some deep waters. I had forgotten some of the words, so I am so glad to have found it again. As you said on my blog, the old writers are just saturated with Scripture so it flows out in their writing.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home