God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Abandoned to Him

Here's a quote from Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest.

"Our Lord's...purpose is not the development of a man; His purpose is to make a man exactly like Himself, and the characteristic of the Son of God is self-expenditure. If we believe in Jesus, it is not what we gain, but what He pours through us that counts...we cannot measure our life by success, but only by what God pours through us, and we cannot measure that at all...Our Lord is carried beyond Himself with joy when He sees any of us...being abandoned to Him...It is time now to break the life, to cease craving for satisfaction, and to spill the thing out."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home