God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

"If you dwell on your feelings about things rather than on the faithfulness, love, and mercy of God, then you're likely to have a bad day. Dwelling on the faithfulness and love of God is always safe, because He is the same yesterday, today, and forever." - Elisabeth Elliot

Have a great day dwelling on "the faithfulness and love of God."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks so much for this reminder, violet! how have i lost sight of His faithfulness, love, and mercy?? but i have and now i'm having a bad day! but no more. i WILL rejoice in the Lord! i WILL be strong and take courage! i WILL praise him for his love, mercy, and faithfulness to me!!!

thanks!

deborah

11:51 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

Deborah,

Our Father knows us so well and our great need for daily (moment by moment even) reminders of His faithfulness, love, and mercy. That's why He sends special people, circumstances, and relationships into our lives to press us into Him in frequent acknowledgement that we can't handle things. Even the "bad" days are blessings in disguise because they are a definite reminder that our focus has turned from Him. Thank Him for the bad days and run straight back into His arms.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home