God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

He Who holds us in His Hands

I think I have posted the words to this song before, but was listening to it again this morning as I ate breakfast. So many times I find myself thinking about God from my own puny perspective, rather than remembering that His thoughts and ways are so far beyond me. How thankful I am that He holds me in His hands, in spite of my doubts and fears, for His own glory and my best good.

"When God says no to you, it's such a blow to you,
When all your hopes and dreams unravel at the seams.
When God says wait to you, when God seems late to you,
It's hard to rest within His will, it's hard to trust and just be still,
It's hard to simply wait until it's all made plain.

"When God works silently, in ways we cannot see,
When troubles multiply so that we ache and sigh.
When God does not seem kind, and hope is hard to find,
It's hard to rest within His will, it's hard to trust and just be still,
It's hard to simply wait until it's all made plain.

Refrain:
"He who holds us in His hands, has no problems, only plans.
He who has control of all, sees the smallest sparrow fall.
He who acts where no one knows, does not sleep as we suppose,
But works in all things, both great and small things,
For His own glory and our best good."

-B.J. Leech

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home