God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"Our heart shall rejoice in Him"

Both morning and evening readings in the Daily Light were so good today. The morning reading especially expresses my heart for the day. As you meditate on God's words, I pray that together our hearts will rejoice in Him.

This God is our God for ever and ever:

he will be our guide even unto
death.

O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.--The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup.

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.--Thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire besides thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.--Our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.--The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.



PSA. 48. 14. Is. 25. 1.--Ps. 16. 5.
Ps. 23. 3, 4.--Ps. 73. 23-26.--Ps. 33. 21.--
Ps. 138. 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home