God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"Jesus, I am Resting"

"Jesus, I am resting, resting
In the joy of what thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon thee,
As thy beauty fills my soul,
For by thy transforming power,
Thou hast made me whole.

"O how great thy lovingkindness,
Vaster, broader than the sea!
O how marvelous thy goodness
Lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest in thee, Beloved,
Know what wealth of grace is thine,
Know thy certainty of promise
And have made it mine.

"Simply trusting thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold thee as thou art,
And thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart;
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets, supplies its ev'ry need,
Compasseth me round with blessings:
Thine is love indeed.

"Ever lift thy face upon me
As I work and wait for thee;
Resting 'neath thy smile, Lord Jesus,
Earth's dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father's glory,
Sunshine of my Father's face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting,
Fill me with thy grace."

- Jean Sophia Pigott

4 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Ann said...

Another favorite. I think I would love your church! I sang this a few weeks before I got engaged. At the time we really wanted to get married but his parents didn't seem to be enthusiastic about it and we had determined not to go against the wishes of our parents in this case--this is how the Lord led us. I didn't know if I was in for a few more years of waiting or not. This song was such a comfort and I told Markus that I could sing it with full confidence that no matter what happen Christ was enough.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Yes, I think you would love our church too. I sure do! We've just been going there about 6 years, and it is the first place that has truly felt like home. No, it's not perfect (we're there!), but it's close enough until we're all glorified. I am so thankful the Lord has gifted us at this time with this "family".

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Violet,
I agree I love the song and I love the people of Trinity and Hillcrest...we are truly blessed.
Happy New Year!
Love, Diane

11:54 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Thanks, Diane, for the New Year's greeting. Yes, we are indeed blessed. It makes me anticipate heaven even more!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home