God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"He doeth according to HIS will"

Today's reading in Daily Light seemed so appropriate for this time in our country. Instead of fear or anxiety about an unknown future, we can have great confidence in the One Who holds that future securely in His hands.

The LORD hath prepared his throne in the

heavens; and his kingdom ruleth
over all.

T HE lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the LORD.--Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

He doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?--If God be for us, who can be against us?

He must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.--Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

PSA. 103. 19. Pr. 16. 33.--Am. 3. 6.
Is. 45. 5-7. Da. 4. 35.--Ro. 8. 31.
1 Co. 15. 25.--Lu. 12. 32.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

So good!

I just wanted to stop in and wish you a happy birthday, dear friend. May God shower you with blessings in abundance today and in the days and year to come.

(((Hug)))

Much love,
Patricia

8:12 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Thanks, Patricia. I've had a good day. Just got off the phone with my younger brother. My older brother called earlier. We all agreed that the Lord has blessed us super abundantly above all that we could ask or even think!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home