God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Delight thyself also in the Lord..."

We sang a hymn last week at church that spoke my heart's cry in recent weeks. It is based on Psalm 37:4.

"O Lord, I would delight in thee,
And on thy care depend;
To thee in ev'ry trouble flee,
My best, my only Friend.

"When all created streams are dried,
Thy fulness is the same;
May I with this be satisfied,
And glory in thy Name.

"O that I had a stronger faith,
To look within the veil!
To credit what my Saviour saith,
Whose Word can never fail!

"He that has made my heav'n secure,
Will here all good provide;
While Christ is rich, can I be poor?
What can I want beside?

"O Lord, I cast my care on thee;
I triumph and adore;
Henceforth my great concern shall be
To love and please thee more."

- John Ryland, 1777

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home