God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Friday, August 01, 2008

"Take Heart"

“God’s grace means that I can rest assured that I’ll have everything I need to be what he wants me to be and to do what he wants me to do in the situation in which he’s placed me.

"I’m no longer restricted to the limits of my own strength and wisdom. By his grace, I’ve a new identity and a new potential. I’m a child of God; the risen Christ now lives inside of me. I need no longer fear people or circumstances; I don’t have to feel weak in the face of suffering or temptation, because I no longer rest in the resources of my own ability. I’m in Christ and he’s in me.

"This new identity gives me new potential as I face the realities of life in this bent and broken world. God’s grace gives me reason to ‘take heart.’” - Paul David Tripp

2 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Isn't that fantastic? I wrote a blog today with that quote. I subscribe to Of First Importance and when that quote came up in my reader this morning, I cried with joy because it was so relevant for me. I had Gavin today, so it took all day for me to post my thoughts, but I just now hit the publish button.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Just read your blog entry for today. I know what you mean about not having a moment to write when caring for Gavin. I got a "day off" today from watching my great niece (her daddy was off), and so am trying to catch up on things a bit.

This quote was just too good to pass up without sharing. I really enjoy all the tidbits from "Of First Importance". I'm also rereading Paul David Tripp's book "Quest for More". So much food for thought and putting the head knowledge into practise.

Glad to hear Gavin is doing better.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home