God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I'm Still Alive!

It has been awhile since I last posted. What an "interesting" two months! During that time I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary by having surgery to remove a kidney stone! Let me just say, it was a memorable day.

I'm feeling much better now and things are moving full speed ahead. We have had relatives and friends visiting from Hong Kong, Alaska, Arkansas, Virginia, Washington, and Idaho. Our borrowed daughter for the past year has returned to Alaska and is working as a dental hygienist in Anchorage (we miss you Kimberly!). After a very cool summer, we had a week of 90 degree temperatures, in which all my tomatoes ripened at once and the fruit trees and garden burst forth. I've been canning, drying, and will be freezing the abundant harvest the Lord has given.

I hope to get back into gear again with posting on the blog. The Lord has been teaching me some wonderful lessons in many areas, but most especially to know and enjoy Him more.

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16:11

2 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

You are always so full of wisdom, Violet. I look forward to hearing more about the lessons the Lord has been teaching you.

Only one week of 90's? I admit it - I'm jealous!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

I know what you mean about being jealous, Patricia. I lived in Hong Kong for four years and really melted with the heat and humidity. I don't mind the heat in Oregon at all since the humidity is so much lower.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home