God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Giving our Amen

Here's another quote from Lilias Trotter found in A Blossom in the Desert.

"More and more one sees that prayer is a quiet time for thinking out God's thoughts with Him and giving our 'Amen' in the Name of Jesus. Was it not Galileo, when the light of some great astronomical law broke on him--or was it Newton?--who fell on his knees and said, 'I praise Thee, O God, that Thou has let me think a thought that Thou has been thinking.'"

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him"--but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. I Corintians 2:9-10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home