God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Rejoice

Today marks our 28th wedding anniversary. That hardly seems possible in many ways, and yet at the same time much has taken place in those 28 years. As I think back over all the events that even led to Samuel and I meeting each other halfway around the world, I stand in awe at God's wonderful grace and guidance and sovereignty in everything! It is good to have special times of remembering what He has done for us.

Today's reading in Daily Light seemed written for us as we rejoice together in what God has done.

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul

shall be joyful in my God.

I WILL bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.--The LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.--Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Is any merry? let him sing psalms.--Be filled with the Spirit; speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things.--Singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

At midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.--Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.


ISA. 61. 10. Ps 34. 1-3.--Ps. 84. 11, 12.--
Ps. 103. 1. Ja. 5. 13.--Ep. 5. 18-20.--
Col. 3. 16. Ac. 16. 25.--Phi. 4. 4.

3 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Congratulations, Samuel and Violet and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! It IS soooo good to have special times of remembering God's goodness! May He bless you in abundance this day and in the days to come. Love, Patricia

11:10 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

Thank you, Patricia. I certainly have much to be thankful for. To God be the glory!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

********HAPPY ANNIVERSARY*********

It is wonderful to take time and reflect on all the blessing God has bestowed on us during our marriage...it can only lead to an attitude of PRAISE!
I was so happy to see you make it to the evening meetings ..most of them. But I am SORRY I never got over to chat. I really wanted to do that. I hope we can sit and chat before another year goes by. We are truly BLESSED by the gifted teachers we have at Trinity and Hillcrest! Love, Diane

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home