God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Monday, August 13, 2007

"I have hoped in thy judgments"

Hope, in Scripture, means so much more than a wishing for something for which there is no guarantee. I was impressed with Thomas Manton's commentary on the last part of Psalm 119:43.

"...hope in God's judgments. Consider who hath made the promises. Is it not God, whose word cannot fail of its effect? 'He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strong in faith, giving glory to God: and being fully persuaded that what he had promised he was also able to perform' (Rom. 4:20, 21). And then consider how he standeth affected to us, doth not he love us? And also in what relation he is obliged to us; as a father? And then consider, what doth the promise say? And how it maketh for his glory to accomplish it? what plentiful means he hath in store to bring to pass what he hath spoken? And what a potent and wise intercessor we have to plead our cause at the right hand of the father, and to mind him still of whatever concerns our comfort!"

I would say that was a great way to begin another day and week. "Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." Psalm 42:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home