God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Monday, July 09, 2007

"Secret of the Lord"

"'There is a place by Me,' (Ex. 33:21) a place of unapproachable safety. Affliction and tribulation may destroy all else, but the saint abiding in this secret place of the Most High is untouchable. There is no self-consciousness there, no uncertainty, but only Rest, unfathomable rest in God Himself, not in a vision of God, but in God Himself as a Reality, a living bright reality. Walking with God and talking to Him as friend with friend, knowing that...God knows He can do what He likes with us; there are no questions and no perplexities because He knows. Here, in the heart of this way of guidance by Himself, does God convey to us the 'secret of the Lord.'" Oswald Chambers, The Disciplines of Divine Guidance, p. 280.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home