God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Friday, July 20, 2007

A continual feast

He that is of a merry heart hath a

continual feast.

T HE joy of the LORD is your strength.--The kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.--Be filled with the Spirit; speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

By him . . . let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.--Sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing.--We glory in tribulations also.





PRO. 15. 15. Ne. 8. 10.--Ro. 14. 17.--
Ep. 5. 18-20. He. 13. 15. Ha. 3. 17, 18.--
2 Co. 6. 10.--Ro. 5. 3.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Hi Violet!!! One of my favorite verses says that "a merry heart doeth good like medicine." The joy of the Lord truly is our strength! Thanks for stopping by Pollywog Creek earlier and leaving a comment on my Photo Hunt post. My participation in the Photo Hunt has been an intentional effort to testify to the glory of God to people I might not otherwise cross paths with. I am continually amazed at the complimentary comments people make about my photos, my perspective, etc., because all I do is take the picture. It is our awesome and holy God who does the creating! Amen?

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home