God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Today

On this first day of spring, I read this challenge from my Elisabeth Elliot flip calendar:

"Today is mine. Tomorrow is none of my business. If I peer anxiously into the fog of the future I will strain my spiritual eyes so that I will not see clearly what is required of me now." Taken from Keep a Quiet Heart, p. 53.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matt. 6:34

Enjoy this first day of the rest of your life!

3 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Wonderful thoughts! That is exactly what I have been reading about today in Claire Cloninger's book on Simplicity. I thought I would take a few minutes this evening and visit my praying friends and let you know that you are in my prayers today. Love ~ Patricia

7:25 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Thanks Patricia! I covet those prayers and have been so blessed by my praying sisters. How is Nick doing? Have a wonderful day!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Violet, Nick is doing well. I see that since you posted here, you read my post with an update on his arm. I can't believe you live so close to where Casey was! Though I haven't been home today to talk to him, Casey told me yesterday that he is better. Thank you! You know...it doesn't matter how old our "children" get, it is still hard on us to have them not be well and be so far from home. It made me cry to think of him feeling so bad and not have his family - particularly his wife - close enough to love on him and take care of him. On the other hand, God was in it all because at the time, he and his partner were not driving and trying to catch up on their laundry the day he needed to see a doctor so it didn't affect the delivery of any cargo. He was able to see a doctor at the urgent care center fairly quickly (Much quicker than had he been here in Florida!) and he was able to get a good night's sleep before getting back on the road. Hope you are having a wonderful day, too, dear friend!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home