God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Quote for the day

"A close and fretful inquiry into how spiritual things 'work' is an exercise in futility. Even wondering how 'natural' things are going to work if you bring God into them is sometimes an awful waste of energy. God knows how. Why should I bother my head about it if I've turned it over to Him?" Keep a Quiet Heart by Elisabeth Elliot, p. 70.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very good quote, Violet.

I pray that things are going well for you and your family!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Thanks Holly. Our family is doing well. We are grateful.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home