God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Daily Light

Today's reading from Daily Light encouraged me greatly.

He led them on safely.

I LEAD in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment.

Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.--In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

They got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.--So didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.

Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.--O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.

PSA. 78. 53. Pr. 8. 20. Ex. 23. 20.--
Is. 63. 9. Ps. 44. 3.--Is. 63. 14. Ps. 5. 8.--
Ps. 43. 3, 4.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the scriptures, Violet. They are always just what I need. Always!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

After reading your blog just now, I can see why these verses ministered so completely. Do you have a copy of Daily Light? I have read it since I was in high school (and that's a LONG time) and am ministered to each day as though it were written for my specific need that particular day. There is nothing like God's word. Nothing! If you would email me your address, I would love to send you a copy.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Leigh Ann said...

Just beautiful truths expressed in such a beautiful way.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home