God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Psalm 116:1

From Whispers of His Power, by Amy Carmichael.

"Psalm 116:1 - I love the Lord, because He hath heard my voice and my supplications.

"As we look back on past years, they are full of memories of great sorrows and great joys also. If I were asked to give the sum of the years in a sentence I would write this: I love the Lord, because He hath heard my voice and my supplication. Never, never did He not hear. Never was He far away.

"It will be the same with you. Just now you are in the midst of the pressure of life. One thing follows another so closely that you have hardly time to think, hardly time to realize how much you are being helped. But looking back it will be different. If there have been sorrows, you will see how marvelous His lovingkindness was. If there have been joys, it will be the same. If the time held just one steady round of service it will still be the same. Every day, every hour will seem to you then as if these words were written across it: I love the Lord because He hath heard...

"So love Him now, rejoice in Him now, however things are, for it is true today - He hears your voice and your supplications."

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Ann said...

Thank you so much for this post. Right now I am feeling so alone and overwhelmed. It feels like this stage will never end or at least that I won't be around to see it:-). These words are the balm of Gilead.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

Leigh Ann, I think we must be twins! Although I'm sure the details of our lives are different, that "feeling" of being alone and overwhelmed is something that I find myself fighting all too frequently. I need to constantly "remember" (as I've been reading in Deuteronomy) God's wondrous works in my life, and look forward to the future (glory!) with great hope.
Ps. 42:11 - "Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God."

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home