God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"You are the living God"

A year ago today, Samuel, Kalen and I were in the air heading for Iowa. As we anticipated Kalen's surgery we each kept our thoughts pretty much to ourselves. But God knew everything, including those thoughts, and carried us through many "trials" both in Iowa and back home again. Here are some verses He gave me the night before Kalen's surgery.

Deut. 32:39 - "You are the living God, and there is no god besides You. You put to death and You bring to life, You have wounded and You will heal, And no one can deliver from Your hand."
Isa. 46:9 - "I will remember the former things, those of long ago; You are God, and there is no other; You are God, and there is none like You."
I Chron. 16:10-12 - "May we glory in Your holy name, O Lord. Let the hearts of those who seek You rejoice. May we seek You and Your strength; May we seek Your face always. May we remember the wonderful works You have done, Your miracles and the judgments You pronounced."

Today, Kalen is concentrating on writing a paper due tomorrow in his writing class at the community college! We almost lost him a couple times back in Iowa, and even today he still has multiple physical problems and limitations, but we thankfully "remember the wonderful works You have done, Your miracles.." and humbly acknowledge "You are God, and there is no other; You are God, and there is none like You." "May we glory in Your holy name, O Lord."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just now getting bits and pieces of your life, Violet. It is so inspiring to me. Thank you for sharing this story and these scriptures with me.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Psalm 75:1 - "We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds." From the New English Bible: "Thy name is brought very near to us in the story of thy wonderful deeds." D.A. Carson says that "God's 'name' then, is brought very near us in the story of his wonderful deeds: that is, who God is is disclosed in the accounts of what he has done...Retell God's wonderful deeds and bring near his name."

He has done so many wonderful deeds for our family, and I love it when He is brought near in the retelling of them.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home