God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tassels

I was reading this morning in Numbers 15 where the Lord told Israel to make blue tassels for the corners of their garments. The reason for these tassels was "for you to look at and remember all the commandments of the LORD, so as to do them and not follow after your own heart and your own eyes,...in order that you may remember to do all My commandments, and be holy to your God. I am the LORD your God who brought you out from the land of Egypt to be your God; I am the LORD your God."

In the margin of my study Bible I have the question "What is my 'tassel' to remember all the commandments and be holy to my God?" It seems in my case I need all the reminders I can get! I am struck throughout Scripture how many memorials, reminders, word pictures, etc. the Lord gives us to keep us refreshed and renewed, and yet we still struggle (or I do, anyway) with forgetting. I'm so thankful He condescends to us even in something so simple as a "tassel" to keep us reminded of Him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Ann said...

I want to frame a bunch of Scripture verses so that they will always be before my eyes. I so often forget. It seems that the majority of the Christian life is not about learning something new, but remembering what you already know. Maybe I need a phylactery:-).

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home