God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sacrifice

The last couple days in my reading in both the Old and New Testaments, I have noticed a repetition of the subject of sacrifice that is pleasing to the Lord. When the Lord has these things jump out at me, so to speak, and even repeats them within a short space of time, I know it is something I need some work on. Here are the verses.

Psalm 50: 14, 23 - "Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High...The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!"

Psalm 51:17 - "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."

Psalm 54:6 - "With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to you; I will give thanks to your name, O LORD, for it is good."

Hebrews 13:15, 16 - "Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home