God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Jotham

In my reading for today, I came to the short chapter of II Chron. 27 (only 9 verses). It very succinctly tells of the 16 year reign of Jotham, king of Judah.

Some key phrases that greatly encouraged me were:
verse 2 - "And he did right in the sight of the LORD..." Later in the verse it states, however, that the people of Judah continued "acting corruptly". Even when he stood alone, Jotham was faithful.

verses 3-5 - "He built...and he built...Moreover, he built...He fought..." He continually built fortresses against the enemy, and then actively fought against the enemy. He was constantly on his guard, realizing this life of righteousness is a constant battle.

verse 6 - "So Jotham became mighty because he ordered his ways before the LORD his God."

My prayer is that I will do right in the sight of the LORD, build fortifications and fight against evil, and become mighty (in Him) by ordering my ways before the Lord.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Ann said...

Your post are so encouraging. Hope you are having a blessed week.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Thanks, Leigh Ann, for stopping by. I am glad you are also encouraged. God's Word never ceases to amaze me with it's relevancy to my life today. It keeps me looking "up" with anticipation for the future, while keeping me going in the here and now.

How is your son doing these days? And you? Keep looking to Him.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home