God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Lessons for Life

As I read through the Bible, I'm constantly looking for ways of applying the truths I find to the nitty gritty of my daily life. Today I hit a goldmine in II Chronicles 20. Jehoshaphat, king of Judah, faces a formidable enemy and sets a great example for me to follow. Here are some quips that I want to remember:

v. 3 - When I am afraid, the first thing I should do is "turn [my] attention to seek the Lord."

v. 12 - This is the essence of prayer: "I am powerless...I don't know what to do...My eyes are on Thee.."

vs. 15-17 - God's response to our prayer is: "Do not fear. The battle is Mine. I am with you."

vs. 18-20 - My response to God should be: to fall down before the Lord in worship, and then stand up to praise Him in a loud voice, and finally to go forward in immediate obedience to His direction.

v. 22 - As the people obeyed, gave thanks, sang praise, then the Lord worked victory.

As I go into this new week, I can't think of a better way to approach any and all circumstances of my days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home