God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Two quotes

This morning I flipped over my Elisabeth Elliot calendar and read the following:

"This hard place in which you perhaps find yourself, so painful and bewildering, is the very place in which God is giving you opportunity to look only to Him, to travail in prayer, and to learn long-suffering, gentleness, meekness - in short, to learn the depths of love that Christ Himself has poured out on all of us." from Keep a Quiet Heart, p. 233

Then from Daily Light:

The LORD shall be thy confidence, and

shall keep thy foot from being
taken.

S URELY the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain.--The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.--When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.--I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.--Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

PROV. 3. 26. Ps. 76. 10.--Pr. 21. 1.--
Pr. 16. 7. Ps. 130. 5, 6.--Ps. 34. 4.
De. 33. 27.--Je. 17. 7. Ro. 8. 31.

What a great way to start the day! To "learn the depths of love that Christ Himself has poured out on all of us", and to have the the eternal God as my refuge with His everlasting arms underneath me. It doesn't get much better than that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home