God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lift up your eyes

Where do you look when things are going great? Where do you look when things are going not so great? I'm afraid all too often in both cases my eyes are focused on the horizontal rather than the vertical. I was reminded again today in the Daily Light reading to "lift up my eyes" unto the Lord in thankfulness, worship, and supplication.

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from

whence cometh my help. My help
cometh from the LORD.

A S the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.

Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens. Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.--Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee.--Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.--Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.




PSA. 121. 1, 2. Ps. 125. 2. Ps. 123. 1, 2.--
Ps. 63. 7. 2 Ch. 20. 12.--Ps. 25. 15.--
Ps. 124. 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home