God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Daily Light

Serving the Lord with all humility of

mind.

W HOSOEVER will be great among you, let him be your minister; and whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

If a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.--I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man . . . not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.--When ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Our rejoicing is this, . . . that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world.--We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not from us.


ACTS 20. 19. Mat. 20. 26-28. Ga. 6. 3.--
Ro. 12. 3.--Lu. 17. 10. 2 Co. 1. 12.--
2 Co. 4. 7.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello sweet friend! How is the snow?

It is coooold here, and snowy. Made me think of you! Praying for you!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Thanks for your prayers. This entire winter has been quite untypical for Oregon, but the snow was truly beautiful the first couple days. It's all melted today, except for a few spots. This morning was beautiful and sunny, but it rained again this afternoon. Samuel went to the beach with a friend from church (who drove) and said it was beautiful there. God's handiwork never ceases to amaze me.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Leigh Ann said...

I have been thinking alot about verses with this theme. Thank you for posting this.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home