God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Clear the Way

"It is necessary to haul ourselves up short and ask - Do I recognize Jesus Christ as my Teacher, or am I at the mercy of vague spiritual impulses of my own? Am I accepting someone else's conception of God, or am I bringing everything I hear, every impulse, every emotion that comes to me, into line with the teaching of Christ? The test of every spiritual impulse is, does it make Jesus Christ the supreme Teacher?...'Test your teachers,' said Jesus; the teachers who come from God are those who clear the way to Jesus Christ, and keep it clear. We are estimated in God's sight as workers by whether or not we clear the way for people to see Jesus." Taken from He Shall Glorify Me by Oswald Chambers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Ann said...

You come up with the best quotes. How are you doing? Is your afgan taking shape?

4:18 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

I've been really busy lately, it seems (running around more than actually having anything to show for my "busyness"). The afghan has been on hold for awhile. I've been reading The Crook in the Lot and wanting to write something on that, but...not yet.

How have you been? Back home again? I've enjoyed your input over at AiM (as usual). Drop me a line sometime when you have a moment.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home