God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Truth, righteousness, and faith

"But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.

"Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.—Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness. . . . In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

"He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken. It will be said on that day, “Behold, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us. This is the Lord; . . . let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation.”

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

1 Thess. 5:8; 1 Pet. 1:13; Eph. 6:14, 16, 17; Isa. 25:8, 9; Heb. 11:1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home