God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Today's reading from Daily Light really encouraged me for the beginning of this new week.

MORNING

Thou art my portion, O LORD.

A LL things are yours; . . . and ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.--Our Saviour Jesus Christ . . . gave himself for us.--God gave him to be the head over all things to the church.--Christ loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

My soul shall make her boast in the LORD.--I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness.

Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.--O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord. The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

PSA. 119. 57. 1 Co. 3. 21, 23.--Tit. 2. 13, 14.--
Ep. 1. 22.--Ep. 5. 25, 27. Ps. 34. 2.--
Is. 61. 10. Ps. 73. 25, 26.--Ps. 16. 2, 5, 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home