God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Monday, August 28, 2006

I Am His and He is Mine

"Loved with everlasting love,
Led by grace that love to know--
Spirit, breathing from above,
Thou hast taught me it is so!
O this full and perfect peace,
O this transport all divine--
In a love which cannot cease,
I am His and He is mine.

"Heav'n above is softer blue,
Earth around is sweeter green;
Something lives in every hue
Christless eyes have never seen!
Birds with gladder song o'er flow,
Flow'rs with deeper beauties shine,
Since I know, as now I know,
I am His and He is mine.

"Things that once were wild alarms
Cannot now disturb my rest;
Closed in everlasting arms,
Pillowed on the loving breast!
O to be forever here,
Doubt and care and self resign,
While He whispers in my ear--
I am His and He is mine.

"His forever, only His--
Who the Lord and me shall part?
Ah, with what a rest of bliss
Christ can fill the loving heart!
Heav'n and earth may fade and flee,
Firstborn light in gloom decline,
But while God and I shall be,
I am His and He is mine."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home