God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Since being introduced to the blogosphere (about a year ago), I have thought and prayed about the possibility of becoming more personally involved, beyond reading and occasionally commenting on other blogs. I don't really care to journal online, nor am I into debate. There is nothing I love more in real life, however, than talking about the Lord, sharing a good book or quote that has encouraged me, and hearing from others where they are in life's journey.

For this reason I have decided to go ahead and have my own blog - to share on a regular basis some of the great gems I have found so that you can "magnify the Lord with me and...exalt His name together."

For today I will just quote Hebrews 13:20, 21 from the Weymouth translation:

"Now may God who gives peace, and brought Jesus, our Lord, up again from among the dead - even Him who, by virtue of the blood of the eternal Covenant, is the great Shepherd of the sheep - fully equip you with every grace that you may need for the doing of His will, producing in us that which will truly please Him through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory to the ages of the ages! Amen."

2 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Leman said...

There is nothing I love more in real life, however, than talking about the Lord, sharing a good book or quote that has encouraged me, and hearing from others where they are in life's journey.

I like that, Violet. Blessings on you and through you as you begin your own blogging.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Thanks, Wayne, for that encouragement.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home