God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jehovah Rophi

JEHOVAH–ROPHI
I am the Lord that healeth thee.

Heal us, EMMANUEL, here we are,
Waiting to feel Thy touch;
Deep wounded souls to Thee repair,
And, Savior we are such.

Our faith is feeble we confess,
We faintly trust Thy word;
But wilt Thou pity us the less?
Be that far from Thee, Lord!

Remember him who once applied
With trembling for relief;
“Lord, I believe, with tears he cried,
O help my unbelief.”

She too, who touched Thee in the press,
And healing virtue stole;
Was answered, “Daughter, go in peace,
Thy faith hath made thee whole.”

Concealed amid the gath’ring throng,
She would have shunned Thy view;
And if her faith was firm and strong,
Had strong misgivings too.

Like her, with hopes and fears, we come,
To touch Thee if we may;
O! send us not despairing home,
Send none unhealed away.

~William Cowper (Olney Hymns)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home