God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's not about me

Sometimes (too many times!) I find myself thinking mostly in terms of how things affect, benefit, hinder, etc. me in my relationship to the Lord rather than standing back in humble amazement that He has an Ultimate purpose for everything (namely His glory). What really boggles the mind is to realize He has created me with an eye to taking part in that ultimate purpose. His plan in salvation is not primarily to save me from my sins, but to proclaim His never-ending glory and steadfast love. I reap all the benefits and He gets all the glory!

"Yet he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make known his mighty power.—Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!"

Ps. 106:8; Ps. 115:1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home