God, my Exceeding Joy

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God." Psalm 43:4

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I met my husband while I was a missionary in Hong Kong. He had swum out of China after the Cultural Revolution. We have been married 32 years and have four children (2 biological and 2 adopted), ages 22-30. My mother also lives with us (she just turned 90). I am truly a blessed woman.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

What do you want?

For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to know God's will for my life. The only problem was that in my mind, that "will" was some nebulous something out there that I was supposed to search after and hope that I got right. Otherwise I would be saddled with God's second best for my life - His permissive will rather than His perfect will! This thinking has caused me much grief through the years.

About seven years ago, I heard Jerry Bridges speak. I don't even remember his sermon topic, but I DO remember one sentence that changed my life -God has only one plan for my life - no Plan B if I happen to "miss" His perfect will. What a relief that was to me! When God did so much to accomplish my salvation and reveal Himself to me, how could I ever imagine that He would keep me in the dark about what He wanted for my life while I was still here on this earth?

How about you? Do you want to know His will for your life?

“What do you want me to do for you?” He said, “Lord, let me recover my sight.”

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.

"Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.—“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things.”—Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights.

"The God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might."

Luke 18:41; Ps. 119:18; Luke 24:45; John 14:26; Jas. 1:17; Eph. 1:17-19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home